The Nash-Healey is a two-seats sports car that was produced for the American market between 1951 and 1954. It was the product of a partnership between Nash-Kelvinator Corporation and British automaker Donald Healey, restyled by Pininfarina. A car with an American heart, British bones, and Italian skin
In 1951 and 1952 only roadsters (convertibles) were built. The “Le Mans” Coupé was introduced later in 1953.
The engine and main parts of the car were manufactured by Nash in Wisconsin, then shipped to England where the chassis was added by the Donald Healey company. The chassis with engines were then shipped to Turin, Italy where the bodies were built by hand by Pininfarina and finally shipped back to the US.
The Nash Healey was so expensive to produce that its price was uncompetitive. In total, only 506 cars were made (of which 150 were coupés). According to records from the Nash Car Club of America, only 150 Nash-Healey cars have survived today.
This beautiful example is fitted with the original 6-cylinder 4.1 liter Nash Ambassador engine # NHA1158 with an aluminium head and dual carburetors. (140 PK)
It was delivered new to Sir Paul Capelli from Kenosha in Wisconsin (US). It later belonged to Mrs Julie Fenster of Washington.
According to our records, the vehicle was fully restored to top condition in 2002 and then imported to Europe. It became part of the collection of a Dutch gentleman , Mr Van Uden, until May 2009 when it was presented for sale at the Bonhams sale in Monaco.
The Nash Healey #2245 was then bought by its current Belgian owner and remained in his hands for 13 years.
EU registered and Mille Miglia eligible, it represents a rare opportunity to acquire a milestone Anglo-American sports car with XK120-rivalling performance, ready for touring or historic competition